After a career ranging from digital system development and digital product field support to senior responsibility for product management and innovation, Peter retired and joined the NCF Executive in 2008.
Through his membership of the National Consumer Federation charity Executive Committee Peter has good engagement with the UK’s regulatory systems, both formal and voluntary.
In addition Peter has British, European and International standards experience through BSI, CEN and ISO.
- Director of Innovation Insight Ltd.
- Director of the National Consumer Federation for Consumer Digital Concerns,
- Consumer Digital Standards Expert and Advisor to BSI’s Consumer and Public Interest Network.
- One of ANEC’s European consumer standards experts on privacy and the Internet of Things (IoT).
- ISO Consumer Policy Committee’s Key Person for Data Protection and Privacy
As a Director and representative of the NCF, he provides consumer stakeholder input as a member of :
- The UK’s Electrical Safety Roundtable
- Governing Board of NAPIT one of the UK Industry voluntary Code of Practice bodies for trades people (plumbers, electricians etc)